Sunday, July 3, 2011

25 Things


There seems to be something that STY from Twitarded has suggested we all do, and that is share 25 facts about ourselves. TwiKiwi has and you can see her post on her blog which you can find on the side bar. I won't be linking anyone in this post as I am using my iPhone, per Dangrdafne's suggestion, because my laptop is broken so I can't get Internet anymore. Because of this, there won't be very many pics in this post either. Sorry. I'm working on a solution for the laptop so I can get back to my regular posting.

So here are my 25 things:

1. I am the youngest of five kids. I have four older brothers. Two are half brothers. I grew up playing with Barbies and My Little Ponies, and also GI Joes and Ninja Turtles. But I didn't have an ounce of athleticism. I think I got gipped.

2. I grew up breeding dogs. Siberian Huskies to be exact. We had puppies about four times a year, which was awesome. I miss having puppies around. We did the whole dog show thing and always had about forty dogs at a time. I've cleaned more than my fair share of shit in this world and don't miss that. Here is my mom with my favorite dog we had, Jazaroo. Jazz for short. This photo is actually still up at my vet and I took this pic a few weeks ago.




He was a beautiful dog. Perfect head.

3. I want pink hair very badly. Light icy pink hair. As soon as I don't have to work corporate any more, I'm so doing it.

4. I love dance. I never knew how then found an adult beginner hip hop class almost 2 years ago. I was stoked. I took the class and had to perform in the recital and I loved every second of it. There wasn't enough interest to keep the class going this past year but hope there will be next.

5. I have a fairly healthy body image for a woman. Yeah I want to lose forty or so pounds but I still think I'm pretty. The only thing I am very self conscious about is my teeth. My front teeth are very crooked and continue to get worse because of impacted wisdom teeth. I can't afford the surgery to get them out and then the orthodontia. I hate smiling in pictures. It's the only thing that can make me feel ugly.

6. I have an unhealthy attachment to my mini Edward. But you already knew that. I would seriously cry if something happened to him.



He's such a good helper.

7. My husband is a unicorn. He is big Twilight fan too. He is always quoting the movies to the point of annoyance until I hit him. Pretty sure he wants to be Edward. He admitted as much.

8. I have a hoodie addiction. When I go shopping I say to myself that I'm going to buy things that I normally wouldn't and are nice. My dresser and closet pretty much only have tank tops and hoodies. So I'm not sure what really happens on those shopping trips.

9. This is the number of mini Edwards I have. This number will change when they release the new one. I told you it was unhealthy. But I am frugal about them. I only bought 2 of them full price. The rest uber cheap on clearance!

10. I have the attention span of nat. I'm lucky that I can at least sit though movies. Church can be torturous. Too long. But I'm the only one there that feels that way. I think.

11. I'm a ninja. (TwiKiwi and STY, don't believe this)

12. There is almost nothing more in the world that I love more than my dog, Derek. He's the bestest ever.






At the moment he has a pink Mohawk.

13. My birthday is on April 13th.
Feel free to buy me presents.

14. My favorite movie of all time is Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

15. I love to drive. It's one of my favorite things to do. I love it on a nice day with the windows down and the music up.

16. At the moment I am craving both a salad and cookies. I feel a bit conflicted.

17. I wish the transformer Bumblebee was real so I could have him.

18. I can't get throughout the day without being sarcastic about almost everything. I love to laugh and make it a habit to laugh about almost everything.

19. I anger easy. It is easy for people to get under my skin with their actions. A lot of stuff pisses me off. Working in customer service had increased this trait immeasurably.

20. I once offered Robert Pattinson five bucks to turn around so that all of us at the Water For Elephants premiere could get a good picture of him. I don't think he heard me. Who wouldn't want five bucks?!

21. I met Jon Bon Jovi's new Camaro at the car dealership yesterday when I went in to get my car inspected.













Rob was also there.







22. The only thing I know how to say in Spanish is "my happy monkey pants are on fire" but I don't know how to spell it so I can't type it here. I once said it to a spanish only speaking customer. They got a good laugh.

23. I love cooking with coconut oil. It makes everything taste so good. And it is also the healthiest of the cooking oils. The type of fat in it actually helps to slim you.

24. My very first concert I ever went to was Bob Dylan. I was 13 and didn't know who he was. I went for free cause my brother was event staff at the venue. It was the first time I saw drunk and or high people and I was scared.

25. Doctors told my parents that I was going to be a boy. They had the name Chad picked out for me until the moment I was born. That was the day I learned that doctors aren't always right.

- Posted using BlogPress from your mom's iPhone

15 comments:

Jaymes805 said...

Lol I heart you!!!! Good stuff to know. :)

Twired Jen said...

You and I have #15 in common! I love to drive too. It's partly because of my control freak nature & mostly because I just love to drive. I always offer when going somewhere and sometimes I just go for drives by myself.

I have already said this, but you know how adorable I think Derek is. Just so freakin' cute. I feel the same way about my cat. I'm not just a cat person, but I live in a condo and can't justify getting a dog now...I wan't a female german shepherd. One day....

xo J

TwiKiwi50 said...

OK... now, I'm not too sure how much of this post to believe. There. I said it.

I love getting to know you. I love that we are both addicted to OPI. I love that you just taught me how to make Edward stand up on his own. It's the little things...

And I freaking love Derek with his cute pink mohawk!

Yay for you joining the cool-gang, the '25 things' gang. I think there are only three of us in this gang so far. We need more members. HINT HINT.

Mrs. P said...

I love you and your smile...and Bon Jovi.

norcaltwitard said...

Hi LwE!! Im a total blog follower fail but since you commented about my shoe size (I wear a 10, too. Depends on the shoe) I wanted to come read ur 25. We have #14 in common, I fuckin love Monty Python & The Holy Grail and could quote it all day, "They call meeee....Tim?"

Oh and my vw for this post is "fallable" even blogger is taking stabs at me these days, WTF?!

MrsKassieCullen said...

I love these getting to know you things, we learn so much about everyone outside of our Twilight interests which I'm pretty sure everyone knows everyone else's preferences by now :) I'll go with the things we have in common

#5- I didn't smile (showing teeth) in pictures from the age of 7 till 24. So I totally relate, I was extremely lucky when my mom had a change in her dental insurance when I was 17 so I managed to get braces Senior year. The things I got picked on for in my appearance are the things that I still hate about myself now; it's hard to break a life time of teasing.

#8- I own too many hoodies to count and I have one and a half dresser drawers packed with tanks.. it's a sickness

#14- Just a flesh wound! Clip clop clip clop clip clop :)

#18- Me, sarcastic? Never! My niece takes after me too much and gives attitude and sarcasm better than I do, the torch has been passed

#19- I'm quick to flip into angry mode... I didn't used to be this way, then I worked in customer service

#20- I was in NYC with you and shouted to Rob too so that counts, I just wish I would have offered him five dollars to look my way. I'm just going with the fact he misheard you, bc he totes would have gone for the five bucks!

#22- I know how to say "there is a cat in my pants" in Spanish... I learned that from the movie Blue Streak

Snarkier Than You said...

YAY! Another 25-er!!!

Coconut oil, aye??? Imma have to check that out!

And at least you get to tinker with Derek's hairdo until you can pink up your own! On a related note - be careful with the pink hair - I have a friend who dyed her pink - she had to bleach it first and when it was all said and done, it was so damaged that it began breaking off. May I recommend a good wig??? : )

Dangrdafne said...

You know what I find amazing about this post?? The only items I didn't know were 1,24 and 25. I think that is amazing for just over a year of friendship!! You truly are like a little sister to me and I am forever grateful for the day that the topic of area codes came up and I wrote to you!

I joined the gang too:

http://dangrdafne.blogspot.com/2011/07/day-of-delirium-86-25-things-about-me.html

TongueTwied said...

Derek really is the most adorable dog ever. *spoken from a nonDog person*

Sarcasm is a tool that should be used daily.

"from your mom's iphone" Like she has one. LOL

TheRugbymom said...

I always wanted purple hair when I was a young girl. But I got over it.

LwE, you are beautiful when you smile! It's real and it lifts the spirits of everyone around you!

TwiloveSue said...

LwE, these are fabulous just like you :) I think this was the greatest idea and I can't wait to read more of them (thank you STY!). I'll make my own attempt over at TwiBite tonight.
<3 you guys!!!

AllTwiedUp said...

LoL! Had I been a boy, I would have been Chad, too! My maiden name starts with a hard Ch, too... it's a little too alliterative for my taste. You know what? I'm totally using this in my 25... about the epic mispronunciation of my name!

I loved reading this and can't wait to see you again! :)

Amers425 said...

I love that so many people are doing this! It's so much fun! Good things to know!

Chloe Cougar said...

Love this post! I love that you mentioned your crooked teeth, 'cos I suffer from that affliction too (well, I am British *snickers*.

I don't know how many times I've asked my dentist to do something about it, but she keeps declining. Frankly, now that my hair is greying too, there hardly seems any point. I look forward to the day when my teeth all start falling out ;-)

Off to read Dangrdafne's 25 now!

CC x

Latchkey Wife said...

Your dog is insanely cute. Is his tongue always hanging out of his mouth? I want to squeeze him and possibly put him in my pocket - although he might not like that too much. LOL!