Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Edward Blow Down

So here is my first Edward FOOORRRKKSS post. This post has something that no other of my posts have had before. A video!! The video and pics were all taken in the Hoh Rain Forest which is the most beautiful place I have ever been. I really want to go again. The Edwards really liked it there too. They said it is very tranquil and filled with so many yummy treats. (I ended up taking 4 Edwards to FOOORRKKS. Edward, Masen, EC, and Newdward.)

Anyway, there is a phenomenon that occurs in the forest called a Blow Down. By definition, this is when a giant tree falls and causes another to fall, and so on, like dominoes. While we were in the forest, there were many photo opportunities with the Edwards. I found a nice little Edward sized log for them to stand on, so they all climbed on top and then posed for me. But then it happened........

Here they are all standing nicely.



Then Edward fell off the log. And then that caused Newdward to lose his balance too.



Then EC was the next to go.



This left just Masen standing on the log by himself. He was extremely confused as to what was going on and why everyone was falling off the log. I myself was a bit unsure. I mean they are supposed to have extraordinary skills and reflexes. I don't quite know what can trigger an Edward Blow Down but they sure are funny. After this happened, my travel buddies, Dangrdafne and DangrDonna thought it would be good to start filming in case some more strange Edward Blow Down phenomenon would happen again. This is what was recorded.....






There was seriously this big huge bug that crawled in front of Edward right before he fell. I think it really frightened him. I already knew he was afraid of ghosts but I was not aware of a bug phobia. I guess Masen shares the same fear.


I think this is what went down.

Edward: Blue
Masen: Green
EC: Black
Newdward: Red

"This is really nice, guys. The four of us here with no Bella. I kind of feel bad for the others for having to stay home and watch her and look for Victoria."



"Yeah, you are all lucky that it was your names I pulled out of a hat."
"Yeah, we are!"
"I did give the others that project to do though, so that should occupy them a bit."
"Are you sure that project was a good idea? I mean, what will the human think?"
"I think she is going to love it!"
"I don't."
"Well, I've known her way longer than you, so.."
"Hey look at that huge bug!"
"What?!!"



"Edward!"
"Holy hell, that is a huge bug!"
"Ahhhh!"



"Guys, it's just a bug. EC, are you afraid of the bug?"
"Not at all. That fear must only afflict those of us with pea coats or something."
"Good observation. I didn't think of that."



"So, should we just leave them there?"
"With the bug?"
"How else are they going to get over it?"
"Don't you dare leave us here with that monster!!"
"Oh, for crying out loud."

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that is a more detailed description of how Edward Blow Downs can occur.

I mentioned in the video that Masen had moss on his head from an earlier face plant he took on the hike. Here is an up close photo of the moss stuck in his hair.



That's all for now. I am way too tired yet to do anymore. I will eventually show you what Edward's project was for the others to do while we were all in Forks. Let's just say that Edward has a strange sense for what he thinks I would like. I was going to rip him apart for it, but what he had the others do is growing on me and I am seeing the benefits of it even if it is a bit, uh, different.

12 comments:

Dangrdafne said...

I am soooooo glad I was there for all of this!! LMAO!!!!

All your people blowing down!!! LOL!!!!

Mrs. P @ TwiBite said...

ROFLMAO!!!!!! When the first Edward fell down I laughed so loud here...omg. Then the second one fell and I was done. Oh man that was funny.

*Jelly Baby* said...

That was hilarious. Who was filming? I wanna know whose voice I heard. :D

Sandy said...

I feel honored to have met and roomed with you and all your Edwards- I just have one word for you - SLUG!!!!

Dangrdafne said...

@ Jelly Babes - I believe the video is DangrDonna's and the voices are her and me in addition to LwE. The snort is me, I was dying with laughter. There are no words for how funny it was to witness live LOL!!!

TwiWeasel said...

I can't wait to watch that vid at home...if for nothing else than to hear all of your voices!! LOL

TwiWeasel said...

Awww...@DD...we have yet another thing in common!! I snort like that when I laugh hard too! No wonder I love you!! We are kindred snorters!

TheonlyMrs(Kassie)Cullen said...

I honestly didn't think an Edward blow down would be funny... I was wrong it was freaking hilarious!!!

Me and Edward and Masen have something in common a bug phobia :)

TheRugbymom said...

Yo! Ho! Blow the man down!

You really captured the beauty that is the Hoh. Andthe Edward(s). Too much pretty!

My pocket E w/shades was quite vertically challenged in Forks as well. I think he needs to hang out in the Volvo and relax in the sun to straighten his legs out. Maybe he's been cooped up in my bag too long.

Hmm. That means plain pocket Edward is gonna have to share the Edward car seat.

17foreverlisa said...

Oh man, that is still funny as hell. When you showed it to me in the hotel room in Seattle, I practically peed my pants.

Can I just say how awesome it is to read your post and actually be able to see you and hear you in my head?!!

Still smiling...

Lisa

Mary Edbrella said...

LMAO sooooo funny. Lovely to hear your voices too :)

Jayla said...

PMSL- gawd that video was hilarious. Thanks for sahring.