Sunday, August 22, 2010

Vacation Odds And Ends

Here is the last of the vacation posts. Then we can get back to our regularly scheduled posts. I bet you are all wondering what happened to Bella and if the Edwards found her, how the clan is getting along, or if EC has successfully house trained his new wolf. Oh wait, that's something I'm wondering.

Anyway, here is the last of the Michigan adventures of Edward and Masen.


This first pic is of Edward and Masen in the back of the drivers seat in my dad's truck.



"Where are we going?"
"Some place called Pentwater."
"What the hell is a Pentwater."
"Clearly it's a town, you vile speaking heathen."
"Did you just call me a heathen?"
"I most certainly did."
"......Alright."


On the last day of our trip we were able to go out on a big 30 foot fishing boat out on Lake Michigan. There were 5 foot waves that day which made it really fun since the fish weren't biting at all. Edward really enjoyed the boat ride. Here is posing by the down riggers.

Then he got really excited when the boat went fast.

"Wahoooooo!! I'm on a boat!!" Yes you are Edward.


Edward and Masen both got to see something they have never seen before. My dad caught this on a lure while fishing in the channel. The lure snagged it from the bottom.

"Uuuh, you didn't just do that, did you?"
"What? No! That's ludicrous. It came out of the lake."
"Oh, good. I was worried there for a moment. What is it?"
"The human's father says it's Zebra Mussels."
"That can't be right. It looks like a whole bunch of little clams stuck together. It looks nothing like the muscle tissue of an animal. Especially of an animal that doesn't inhabit this Continent!"
"I know. That's what I said. But he was adamant about them being Zebra Mussels."
"Guys, they are called Zebra Mussels because of the zebra like stripes on the shell. You can't see them now because of all the goo on them. That's just what they are called. They aren't literally the muscles of a zebra."
"Oh, that makes more sense."


Last time Edward went to Michigan with us he didn't get to really fish with us. I didn't get a pole his size. He did however jump into the lake and pull out an 18 pound salmon. If you peruse the posts from last November, I think, you will see a picture of him with it.
This year I was finally able to find an Edward sized fishing pole. So he got to do some real fishing. Here is him and Masen fishing at a marina on White Lake.

"So you just put the lure in the water and wait?"
"Yep."
"We wait for the fish to hook himself?"
"Yep."
"So there is nothing we can do until that happens?"
"Nope."
"We can't do anything to make the fish bite quicker?"
"Nope."
"Well this seems like a pointless sport."
"Yep."
Despite the Edwards' attitude, they stuck it out and waited. Patience is very easy for vampires, or so they say. I can disagree with this statement sometimes.

Eventually their patience was rewarded.


"We got one!"
The boys were very excited to catch their first fish.....legally. Here they are with their catch, looking pensive.


There are some incredibly beautiful sunsets on Lake Michigan. It looks a lot like the ocean there with the sun setting right on the water. Here is what a typical sunset on the lake looks like.



Isn't it beautiful. Edward absolutely loved the sunsets. He was so moved by them, that they actually brought out Edward's artistic side. So Edward got himself a paint set and skillfully made himself and easel out of pens and tape, and went to the pier to try to recreate the view onto paper.


Edward stepped back to admire his work.



Then Masen approached to view Edward's masterpiece.



"What do you think?"
"Well, it's uh......is the sun smiling?"
"Yeah, it's my artistic depiction of the sun's emotion."
"Oh, then it's perfect."
"Really? Thanks! It's my very first painting."
"No kidding?"


After he was finished with the sunset, Edward decided to find a different muse.

"Now that's perfect."

That's it for the vacation adventures. I hoped you enjoyed them. The boys certainly did. And no I didn't forget to post Edward's reflection. I have been very sick this weekend with food poisoning and do not feel like taking a pic of it, uploading it to the computer and all that blah blah blah. And I didn't want to put off this post any longer. We have a story to continue. Basically, all you need to know is Edward enjoyed his vacation.

8 comments:

17foreverlisa said...

This is just hysterical!! All of it, but especially the fishing pole! Mrs. P's going to love it, too.

I even had to show my son because I was laughing out loud.

Lisa

17foreverlisa said...

P.S.: Tell Edward and Masen thanks, too :)

Twired Jen said...

I agree with Lisa, the fishing pic is the best. LMAO! I also love the one of them painting. Classic!

xo J

TheRugbymom said...

LwE,
You & the boys make my day! Thanks for taking Edward and Masen along on your vacation. Extra special thanks for sharing their adventures with us!

Maybe if Masen can't stop cursing, you should leave him at home next time. [Hellz no!]

And absolutely No. I do not care what happened to Bella. Just sayin' . . . not one bit. Good riddance to that crazy bitch!

TwitardedMom said...

Hope you are feeling better. This is just amazing. Can't believe you found the right size fishing pole & fish.

Living with Edward said...

@Lisa: Edward and Masen are very glad to have made you happy. :)

@theRugbymom: The Edwards completely agree with you on the whole Bella situation. But I have to teach them to be responsible or my house may be found in a pile of rubble one day.

Mrs. P @ TwiBite said...

ROFLMAO! Oh my god...the fishing pole, the smiling sun. The Avi on the tiny canvas..."pointless sport"
I thoroughly enjoyed the whole trip.

TongueTwied said...

Where do you find all this stuff? That fishing pole cracked me up!

And then the little canvas artwork! adorable!

I like how Edward is so romantic that he enjoys sunsets! *sigh*

..wait...was something..I think something was missing.

Does your mom think its a pointless sport?