Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Extreme Sports Are Not For Everyone

As you may recall, Edward had packed his skateboard along for his vacation. When he decided to bring Masen I knew that we were going to need another one. I figure the best way to end a fight is to not have it start at all. So I went to the store and got another one for Masen.

One afternoon the boys thought that they would take advantage of my dad's back porch area that is cemented over and practice their "mad skillz", which I soon found out were very limited. I think that the vampires, with the super speed and strength, forget that the inanimate objects they happen to be rolling on do not possess these super skills.

Here is Edward and Masen with their boards. They were going for an edgy look.


The boys started off simple. They were just skating around testing their balance, speed, and abilities.


After they felt comfortable on the boards they started to get a bit more adventurous. Masen decided to try something cool first.

"Hey Edward, watch this!"



Masen did some kind of jumpy thing that was way too fast to photograph, but the end result was pretty easy to catch.


"I don't think you did it right."
"You think?! God, sometimes you are so stupid."
"Me? I'm not the one who thought it would be fun to ride in the front end of the human's car and then ended up damaging one of the bushings."
"You promised not to bring that up! And anyway, the damage was covered in the warranty. And don't forget the time you tried to push the gas pedal through the floor."
"It wasn't going fast enough! And how did you know about that?"
"EC told me."
"I'm going to kill him! Then I'm going to kill you!"
"Your mom."
"Ugh."
I love how well they get along and how respectful they are of my things.


Next the boys decided to have a race down the picnic table.


However neither of them won because they forgot to decide what they were going to do when they reached the end of the table.

Apparently the decision was to just fall to their demise. Silly vampires.


They continued to race around on the ground and attempt different tricks without breaking or damaging the boards. It was not as easy as they thought it would be. Here Masen was going at a decent speed and I think he thought that he would just be able to take the skateboard over the grass.


He was clearly wrong.



"Ooomf!"


Then Edward sped up to the scene thinking he could best Masen in skill.


Edward was a bit over confident.



"Ooomf!"


That was Edward and Masen's skateboarding adventures. I hoped you enjoyed it more than they did.
Here is Edward's reflection on skateboards.

8 comments:

TwiWeasel said...

Edward and Masen's escapades on the skateboards reminded me of my first time...on a skateboard. The difference is, I do not have skin that's hard like granite, and therefore, it left a scar. Boo.

The Lantern420 said...

Sorry I've been out of the loop, but I'm back. I don't want my name on here either, but fyi Bella is doing fine. She sleeps a lot. How's the bank? Has it been robbed and attacked daily since I no longer guard it?

TongueTwied said...

LOL!! Wow! This was funny! As usual!

It's kinda like the boys are desperately trying to find something they are good at but so far they haven't been good at finding it. Maybe they need your mom's help and guidance.

Is Vlad? Is he...dead? Say it ain't so!

The Rugbymom said...

Mad skills?

Dude!

Sweet!

Your Mom is sweet!

Love those crazy boys! Thanks for sharing.

TwitardedMom said...

The skateboarding is so cool that I had to come back & share this with my son who loves Tech Deck. He also loved seeing the Edwards crash since he is Team Jacob.

Living with Edward said...

@The Lantern420: I have been wondering how you and Bella have been doing. I'm glad to hear that you are doing well and that Bella is sleeping. The bank is just as wonderful as it was since you have been there. And we have not been hit with any peril since either. I think Edward has been doing the rounds since you left.

@The Rugbymom: Very good your mom joke. You get 10 your mom points.

@TT: Vlad is fine. I have him all taken care of.

Dangrdafne said...

It really looks like they are trying to balance on the skate boards. I am in awe of YOUR skills as much as the boys. Totally rad post LOL!!! I am going to share with "my mom" not your mom next LOL!!!

Sandra said...

I can't believe I read an entire post about two figurines battling it out on skateboards. What's worse though, is that I laughed my ass off and couldn't wait to get to the next post!
You are very very very creative! This is genius!