Thursday, August 12, 2010

Edward And Masen Go To The Beach

We were very fortunate this year to be able to have an actual beach day in Michigan. White Lake is out of the question for swimming for me. The water looks gross. It is brown and mucky. But Lake Michigan is gorgeous. The water is so clear and where it is deep, it looks blue. And it is so big that it looks like the ocean. The only problem is that the water temp. is usually around 47 degrees. That is not swimmable to me, however it is to some of the locals. There has been some different weather patterns in the area this year that have caused the water temp. to be around 78 degrees. Now that I like. It was glorious! We had such a good time at the beach. Even Edward and Masen had a blast. They started the trip with a bit of a swim.



"The current is really strong."
"I know. It's awesome!"
"Where do you think it will take us?"
"I don't know. Let's find out."



So the boys decided to just let go and see where the Lake would carry them. First it took them a bit further into the water. Yes, they are both there. Can you see them? They are having a blast.




But then it spilled them back on to the shore.


"Well that didn't last very long."
"What the hell is that all about?"
"We've talked about this. Watch your mouth."
"Sorry."
Masen continued to play in the water while Edward tried to free himself from the sand trap he seemed to have found himself in.


"I'm going back out in the water."


"Uh, Masen, I kinda got a situation here."




Masen was way too busy to help out his brother. All we could hear were unintelligible under water mumblings.





Eventually Masen resurfaced.



"Wahooooo!" He was having a great time.


"Masen! I have been calling for your help. Now get over here before I kick your ass!"
"Edward! I don't want to have to tell you again about your language. That is enough!"
"Uhg, just help me out."

Masen helped Edward out, but just in time for a new wave to wash them both up on the shore.


"I think the lake just kicked both our asses. Are you happy?"
"Not with you speaking that way, but I am happy that I am no longer stuck."
"Your mom is no longer stuck."
The boys both laughed for a few minutes at the "your mom" joke.


Then they decided to get dried off and take a break from the ass kicking water.




So the Edwards set their sights on digging a big friggin hole in the sand. It kept them out of trouble and I am all up for things that accomplish that.



"How did you get your side so smooth?"




"I don't keep falling into it."
"You should try it. It's fun."
"Your mom is fun."
"You may have crossed a line there."
"What are you going to do about it? Kick my ass?"
"Edward!! I have had it!"
"Hey, why don't you guys build me a mountain?!" I needed to take control before there was a contest to see who could rip the most limbs off the other vamp. The boys were easily distracted, as usual, and set to the task.



After they finished the mountain, Edward wanted to try some other type of sand sculpting. He asked Masen to help him.


I really wasn't sure what to think of it.

"Uh, Edward, that is an interesting choice of uh...shapes."
"What do you mean? It's a mermaid."
"Really?"
"Yes. What else do you think it would be?"
I didn't answer......out loud.
"Ew, gross. Get your head out of the gutter. How on earth could you think I would do that? It is clearly a mermaid."
"It doesn't look like a mermaid."
"Well it is a mermaid."
"No it's not. It's a merman."
"Oh, it sure looks like a man."
"Ok, I'm out of here."

Masen got out of the sculpture. Edward was still persistent that he was not being perverse.



"See? Under my feet is the fin. It's a fin."



While Edward was trying to convince me of his innocence, Masen had his own problems to deal with.

"Um, Edward, I kinda got a situation here."


Here is Edward's reflection from the day.

10 comments:

The Rugbymom said...

Ha! Ha! Masen is a dick!

Sand in the peacoat! O.o.

What a fun adventure! Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. P @ TwiBite said...

Oh lord...the tears are running down my face! All the "your mom" jokes were hysterical, and the fact that they were trusted to swim freely without any life saving devices was hilarious!

I love the E journal at the end of the day...

Isabella MARIE Cullen said...

My mind is totally in the gutter because before I actually read the words it did NOT look like a mermaid to me! LOL

TongueTwied said...

hA hA The boys give new meaning to a day at the beach that's for sure!

Thank goodness there were no drownings or sea creatures trying to attack them!

Did your dad go to the beach? ;)

TwiWeasel said...

That was so not a mermaid. Just sayin'.

Mary said...

Oh my, the mermaid killed me deaded

Loves it x

17foreverlisa said...

LMAO!! I'm with Marie, my mind went "there" with the sand sculpture before I read the text to go with it. And I love E's reflections on the day...sand in his pea coat...priceless.

Glad you had such a great time on your trip, LwE.

Lisa

Jayla said...

great beach trip... edward & masen are hilairous. merman- that's what i though it was too *wink, wink*

Jayla said...

great beach trip... edward & masen are hilairous. merman- that's what i though it was too *wink, wink*

Dangrdafne said...

LOVE IT!!! Are they still cleaning sand out of their coats and hair?? They are just too funny!!