Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Them Chinese Know A Thing Or Two

So we were out to eat for Chinese food one night, and of course Edward came along. He tolerated the smell for a bit, but the look on his face was pretty funny. There is a reason I always have Edward with me when I get Chinese. Always! Edward's talents are invaluable. With his heightened sense of smell, he is able to tell me if the chicken is really chicken. I suggest that you start taking your mini E out to eat with you. He can save you unnecessary hours spent on the pot yelling at yourself, "Why did I eat that?!"

Anyway, the waitress was kind and brought us 3 fortune cookies. She just thought Edward was the cutest thing. He rolled his eyes, as did I, but he said thank you for the cookie he wouldn't eat. Edward opened it anyway since we were reading our fortunes. He read his to himself then turned to me, showed me the fortune and said, "Here love, I think they accidentally gave me yours. This seems to pertain to you."

I smiled graciously and gave Edward a little pat on the head for his kindness, while thinking to myself, "This is soooooooo true!", and giving myself an ego boost.

Does anyone else see the importance of this, though? Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

Edward is a suck up.

8 comments:

TongueTwied said...

Bueller, Bueller...LOL

I think it was very nice of you guys to go out to eat at a place where Edward can do a little
something to amuse himself knowing he doesn't eat. Whoa he might have a ball at Chuck E. Cheeses too.

He was so right to tell you that fortune belonged to you LwE.

Now tell us Edward, did the waitress slip you her number? Be honest!

Dangrdafne said...

To one of the greatest imaginations I have ever known - Living with Edward - YOU are amazing! Not only is this post clever but that picture is amazing! Really LOVE the picture!

TwitardedMom said...

Edward was correct. Consider yourself highly intelligent. We think of you that way.

Living with Edward said...

@TT: DO NOT TELL EDWARD ABOUT CHUCK E. CHEESES!! I don't even want to think about the havoc he would reak in that place. I have been trying to keep that place a secret.

Edward said the waitress had her number ready to give to him, but as she was about to hand it to him, he grabbed a cell phone and quickly pulled it apart stomping on the pieces shouting, "I don't ever want to talk to another woman again!" So the waitress chickened out. Anyway, I have to go to the Verizon store tomorrow....

@DD: That is very kind to say. Thank you. You know I think that you are amazing too!
Ps. I'm working on a shirt for your mini E! I'm not going to tell you what it says. It's going to be a surprise. Don't worry, you have nothng to be scared of.

@TwitardedMom: Thank you! I want to take this fortune to my old high school and shove it in their faces and say "Ha! Take that!" I'm not sure how much that will prove though.....

Dangrdafne said...

I don't think we have to worry about ME being scared for the shirt but my Mini-E might be! LOL!!!

I am sooooo excited!!

Musing Bella said...

I love this post. You definitely have a fantastic imagination!

Jelena @ Twiholic said...

Today is a really fantabulous day, because I keep getting blown away by everyone's posts. The creativity behind them is making me gape in awe. And, Edward was so right. You absolutely deserve that fortune.

Btw, I totally agree with DD. The photo is amazing.

I seriously regret not becoming a regular on this blog earlier.

Living with Edward said...

@Jelena: You are so right about the creativity among this group. I am too blown away by it on a regular basis. Thank you for your kind words. They mean more to me than you know

You too Musing Bella! Mhwa!