Thursday, April 22, 2010

Edward Visits Charlotte

I am blogging from Charlotte North Carolina. I was going to wait until I got home, but I'm stuck here. Long story. So I'm taking a moment to share some of what Edward did. He wasn't very impressed with Charlotte, so they're aren't very many photos. So this will be a relatively short post.

When we first got to the hotel, Edward found the complementary soap and was immediately reminded of some one. This is Edward's shout out to 17foreverlisa.

He really likes her because of how nice she is, fun she is, and she likes baseball. Edward wishes she was going with him to go see Eclipse. I hope Edward enjoys disappointment. Haha, I made a funny.

Anyway, we went to Charlotte to visit some friends. But 2 days before we went, I found out that 2 of my favorite bands, Skillet and Red, were playing near me that day and it was way to late for me to go and I had to use all my money for the trip. So I was sad. I always wanted to see a show with those two bands together, but never thought they would play together, so that made me really sad. So 2 days later we head down to Charlotte. We were in the city having lunch, and my friends get a text from another friend of theirs who says that she is in Charlotte for a day and would like to see them. Turns out she works for Skillet and there was a show that night and she put us on the guest list! We got to go for free and be in the front and walk around back stage. It was so awesome. I didn't know the bands were even going to be there. It really is a small world. So here is Edward in my purse with my ticket.

Edward enjoyed the show for the most part. Apart from the blaring noise he said the bands were pretty good.
Here is a pic of Edward with us out at lunch in the city. My sub from Jimmy John's had a sticker on the wrapper. Edward thought it portrayed a good message.

I guess Edward is an advocate of love. Who knew?
Edward also pointed out a sign in Jimmy John's. He laughed when he saw it, because it states my most commonly stated catch phrase.

That's right, your mom. I can't get through a whole conversation without cracking a your mom joke. When Edward found it he said, "Hey look, your mom." I was surprised to hear him say that. Edward has never made a your mom joke. So when I turned around to see him pointing to this, I understood. I love when Edward is silly. And yes, we were both aware of how disgusting that sign is. Edward said, "Ew."
Well, that's all from Charlotte. Just waiting to get out of here now. Hopefully it won't be too long. I have to be at work at 8 in the morning tomorrow and it is a 10 hour drive back. It's 2:00 o'clock now. I wonder if we will just stay here for the night. Who knows. Until next time chickadees and possible chickadics. <--- I stole that from Tongue Twied.

8 comments:

Dangrdafne said...

Why does your Edward have so much more personality than mine?? He takes the best pictures. I think there is something wrong with my Edward's head.. no really I don't think his head bends the right way or something. LOL

I love the "your mom" and the Lisa soap. I wish Lisa could come play with Edward too. It would be soooo much fun. But I am sure Edward will like Mrs. P (if she is able to make it) - he will really like her sarcastic nature as it is like his. LMAO!!!

I am so glad you didn't get to your concert the night you wanted to go as it lead to a MUCH better outcome. Waaaaay cool!

Be safe.

TongueTwied said...

Edward is welcome to steal my lines, because he is a chickadic and I cotton to him. Fair warning, though, look for "your mom" in a future post!

Edward, you handsome devil-made-of-plastic, you really are as photogenic as Rob!

Hope you make it back in time! If not, I hope your boss enjoys disappointment! LOL!

@DD-your lil eddie was a purrrfect angel sleeping.

Dangrdafne said...

@TT - of course he was, I didn't have to move his head at all for that pic LOL!!!

Musing Bella said...

LMAO - a friend I had in baking school and I used to make NONSTOP "Your Mom" jokes. They make me giggle.

w/v: wulphy. Hee hee.

TwitardedMom said...

You didn't like North Carolina that much? Next time come visit the beautiful mountains where all the DOGwood are in bloom. Jacob would like that. Asheville is only 2 hours from Charlotte. Come visit my blog too. spooninginforks.blogspot.com

Dangrdafne said...

@TwitardedMom - ever been to Boone NC?

17foreverlisa said...

Imagine my surprise when I started reading your post. I cannot believe there is a bath soap called "Lisa." I am smiling so big right now, especially because it made you think of me. "I hope Edward enjoys disappointment." LMAO!!

Thanks, girlie. I needed that. It's been a very long day :)

XOXO

Lisa

Living with Edward said...

I finally made it back to PA!

@DD: I am glad about not going to the concert near home too. It was a way better situation in Charlotte.

I'm sure Edward will love Mrs. P if she can come. There may be an epic battle of sarcastic wit. And maybe Edward will join in too. LOL

Maybe, when we get together sometime I can instruct a How To Pose Your Edward Cullen Action Figure seminar. haha

@TT: I can't wait to see where "your mom" ends up! I love it! And my boss is going to have to enjoy dissapointment. Lol, I already called her from the road to tell her I won't be in till noon.

@Musing Bella: There is nothing better than a good your mom joke. I tend to also switch out song lyrics for "your mom" too, when I'm singing along on the radio. People don't expect to hear it, then laugh at the absurdity.

TwitardedMom: North Carolina was alright. I didn't get to see much of it. I was more on the outside of Charlotte and then spent some time in Fort Mill South Carolina. I loved the mountains when we were driving through. The scenery was beautiful. I did't know I was so close to you the past few days. I will have to stop by your blog. I didn't know you had one. I'm very behind, forgive me.

@Lisa: I'm glad I could help brighten your day a bit! Much love to ya!