Saturday, January 16, 2010

Candids

Some Edward Randomness.....


Wow, I haven't blogged since last year!! I've been slacking. I guess I can't get out of the holiday comatose.....Anyway, I thought that I would give you some random stuff of Edward in his daily life. Not too much exciting here, but it's part of living with Edward, so I feel obligated to share.

This took place not long after Edward's arrival here. It really shows his early twentieth century cordialness and care of formalities.

"Hello. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to indroduce myself last week. I'm Edward Cullen. You're Venom."


After indroducing himself, Edward wondered if he had anything in common with Venom, given his sirname.......I don't think so Edward.


Edward was challened to a game of hide and seek by a very dense and clueless duck. The duck really thought he could beat Edward at this game. I think he gave into the dumb pretty boy stereotype, not taking into account that Edward may have some "mad skills". I honestly don't know what the duck was thinking about the hiding spot he chose. He must have thought Edward was really mentaly inept.

"Behind a tissue? Really? That's the spot you chose? Stupid duck."

In this photo, I think it is pretty obvious what Edward is doing. I don't believe I need to elaborate there......
"Look what I can do! Look what I can do!" That's special Edward.

This day Edward was in an especialy bad mood. He could not settle down for anything looking for some kind of distraction. He was flipping through the songs on my MP3 player over and over until he finally gave up looking for a song that was to his liking for the moment.

"No Debussy? Seriously?"

So Edward went to the glove compartment to fiddle through some CDs. Thankfully he found something that would entertain him. If he didn't, I may have thrown him out the window going 80 down the highway.

"Here, put this on, now....please." That's right you better use some manners! Hmmm...the latest 100 Monkeys album....interesting.


These last few pics are of Edward at work with me. He can get really bored there at times given the lack of fun vampy things to do there, but he is a trooper and comes with me every day. One day my coworker bought a Wendy's kids meal for lunch and gave me the toy it came with. I'm not quite sure what that gesture meant, but I shrugged it off and investigated said toy. It happed to be a puzzle so I offered it to Edward to curb his bordom. He took the task pretty seriously and was getting it together quickly and efficiantly. To be honest, I would be very concerned if he couldn't finish it in about a minute, it's meant for a child. When Edward realized how quickly it was getting done, he decided to slow down and take his time being that we had hours before we were going to leave.

"What on earth is that girl wearing? Alice would cringe. And why is the monkey so angry? The girl is just standing there smiling like a goon like she doesn't even notice. It doesn't take a mind reader to see that he is upset." Wow, Edward.

"Which one is it? I don't think it's either. Wait...all these pieces are shaped the same..."

"This one seems to have a part of a building on it, but this one does too. I think that might be the end of the monkey's ear......" I left Edward to his own devices after the strange rambling started. He laughed to himself when he saw me make the 'whoa, Edward is weird' look. He does like to entertain. When the puzzle was complete he was pleased to see that the other sides of the pieces had indiviual letters on them to spell words with......he decided to have a little fun with this.

I have to admit, I laughed when I saw 'undead'. He waited for me to appraise his work. I just laughed and shook my head. He seemed pleased knowing he got a laugh out of me. So I told him he was very creative and gave him a little pat on the head very carefully as to not knock him over. When he exhausted his use for the puzzle pieces, he quickly starded running all around them tearing them to shreds basically turning them to dust. I stared wide eyed asking him why he would do that. He answered, "I'm sorry. Did you want to play, too?" I replied with a simple stern "Edward", which only caused him to laugh at me. I didn't include a pic of him with the destroyed puzzle because bad things happen when I encourage his random destructive behavour.








1 comment:

17foreverlisa said...

LOL! Welcome back. Brilliant post. I am working on my Shout Out Sunday post, and this one just made the cut :)